Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals

The bond between Magic Johnson and Larry Bird has been analyzed for more than three decades. HBO's new documentary "Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals" tells a whole new story that brings peace and true understanding of their rivalry. It takes a fresh approach of two men sitting down, reflecting on their rivalry and friendship over the past years. It's about how their relationship evolved over time. There is just something special about seeing both Johnson and Bird discuss the emotions and connection each feels with the other. Before I thought as a NBA fan I had to choose between the two, but after I watched the doccumentary I have mad respect for both men. They were both amazing basketball players in their own ways. I doesn't rewrite the history of the Magic-Bird rivalry, but it is an interesting new afterward look back. Props to HBO sports. It was a great documentary.




No comments:

Post a Comment