Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shepard Fairy’s New Mural is already getting hit up



Shepard has bombed the world over the last 20 years, and I respect him a lot for that. But when you become #1, you become target #1 (no pun intended). People don’t care what you did, they care about what you are doing now. Street art is still street art, their are no rule on who can cover it up or clam their grown, even if your well known. As Shepard told the NY Times, “Because I’m straddling the line between all these different worlds – the fine art world, the street art world, commercial design, fashion – I think I’m a target for a lot of narrow-minded people who just aren’t comfortable with my multi-platform approach,” he said. “If that’s how they express their view is by vandalizing my mural, that’s fair. I assume that they think that putting a bullet hole through it is a clever interactive addition, which I actually agree with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment