Monday, May 31, 2010

Audrey Kawasaki: 2010 Year of the Tiger






Audrey Kawasaki has gotten deeply back into work mode, continuing to perfect her finely painted renditions of women, and occasionally, men with detailed features and penetrating eyes. I absolutely love her work, she also is a big inspiration to me. Audrey is a Los Angeles-based painter, known for her distinctive, erotically charged portrayals of young, adolescent women. Her works are oil paintings painted directly onto wood panels, and her style has been described as a fusion of Art Nouveau and Japanese manga.

“I’ve been having some fun doing these small 'studies'. I tried to be more loose with the marks, and I must say, I enjoyed it immensely!”
“Came across this photo by Chris Blanchenot, who created this Yuuwaku homage photo. I love seeing different interpretations especially in a medium like photography.”

No comments:

Post a Comment